Sunday, September 16, 2012

Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast

I have to admit, I am usually a dud at making chicken. It is usually too dry, and for that reason I usually steer clear of cooking whole fillets of chicken. But this particular night, I actually kicked butt at chicken cooking. My 'what do I have in the fridge, lets make it up' style recipe was an absolute winner and the chicken was cooked perfectly.

A simple, easy and healthy chicken recipe that requires very few ingredients! I served mine with some baked sweet potato chips and steamed greens.

Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast (serves 2)


2 large chicken fillets, skin removed
10 semi-dried tomatoes
100grams of goats feta
2 tablespoons of basil pesto
Dash of oil

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Slice the chicken fillets almost all the way through, making a 'pocket'. Spread the pesto inside the pocket, then stuff in crumbled feta and sundried tomaroes. Use toothpicks to close the pocket.

In a fry pan, heat a little oil and seal the chikken until browned on each side (2-3 mins on each side). Move onto a tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes.

Serve with desired sides. The goats feta and pesto should melt together to form a beautiful sauce that tastes amazing as it oozes out of the chicken fillet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)