Saturday, May 26, 2012

Alberto's Delicacies, Preston

Once a month there is a cute little Farmers Market at the local primary school. Whilst I have to be really careful about heading there as I always manage to spend an absolute fortune, I always make sure I visit one little stall that sells Alberto's Delicacies. The home made gnocchi and pesto's are to die for, I just can't get enough of them. The home made gnocchi is soft and tender, and unlike many packaged gnocchi brand, actually tastes like potato! The pesto's, with flavours like eggplant, tomato, capsicum, basil and spinach and feta (my favourite) are the perfect sauce for the gnocchi or just wonderful served on crusty bread. I am a huge fan... in fact, when I had my wisdom teeth out last year, the gnocchi was about all I could eat for a week.



The gnocchi is so easy to cook. Instead of boiling it, you simply cook it in the sauce. So, in a saucepan you add some of the pesto (about 1/2 a cup to one packet of gnocchi). I usually also add half a tin of chopped tomatoes to make the sauce a little saucier. Then, very carefully stir the gnocchi into the sauce over low heat until it is heated through. This keeps the gnocchi firm and delicious without getting mushy.

You can read more about Alberto's Delicacies here. As a lover of fresh and gourmet produce, I can't recommend it enough.

I have included pictures of the products I love most below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)