Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mixed Mushrooms on Sourdough

I have been dreaming about this dish since having breakfast at Tanck's Corner a couple of months ago. Their mixed mushroom breakfast was SO good that this morning I decided I just had to recreate it, and I think I did a half decent job- although mine didn't end up looking half as good as theirs, it tasted really good.

For two people, I used three chopped (into eighths) normal button mushrooms, three chopped (into eighths) swiss mushrooms, a large handful of shredded oyster mushrooms and a handful of enoki. Melt a little butter in a fry-pan and add a teaspoon of garlic, the mushrooms and a pinch of dried thyme. Saute until mushrooms are soft (about five minutes).


Turn off heat and sprinkle about 1/4 cup of fetta over the top.


Serve on your desired toast (we used rye sourdough) and enjoy! Mushrooms are so meaty that they are a filling breakfast to have and the combination of the mixed mushrooms with fetta is so yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)